Saturday, May 5, 2012

Studying Law

When I first shifted to Kathmandu from Delhi it was an splendid experience I loved the Beauty and climate of kathmandu which it very subtle just like the city itself. But my goal was something else it was to get myself into a good law school, which didn't take me long as there are only two law schools in kathmandu and I was eligible for one only so my problem to find and get admission was done as i got admission to the college and stared the college the very next day I found my class very absurd and disturbing as it was filled with the student almost 10-30 yrs older than me, me being 22.
It made me think that why don't the youngsters apply in the law school, whereas MBA colleges have tough competition to get into.As for me law is a passion and very limited people follow their passion by studying law,but later i realized Law in Nepal isn't much sought after course unlike other countries here, people study law just to get themselves a good job in NGOs or other government offices. only 5% of the students in my college want to pursue legal field, thats because of the bad political condition of Nepal, where law and constitution hasn't been amended much and people still consider sorting their problem without any legal help as a legal case would be just be the wastage of money.So, here in Nepal lawyers are just for the rich, and who can afford the money and time. I just hope the perception changes before I graduate from the law school and hope to indulge something for my evolving country.

No comments: